The Sickle Cell Foundation Nigeria (Limited by Guarantee RC 258517), is a non-governmental and non –profit making organization dedicated to the proper care and control of sickle cell disorder in Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Research Programme Officer
Location: Lagos Nigeria
The Research Programme Officer is responsible for supervising research projects from the early planning stages until the final project completion. He/she would communicate with team members and verify that all projects and tasks are on schedule. During the research project, he/she would review collected data, analyze, interpret and report information to the research stakeholders.
- Research and provide updated knowledge on the nature and scope of sickle cell disorder (SCD) in Nigeria and globally.
- Initiate and design research projects for implementation
- Undertake research projects in collaboration with the research committee.
- Help determine the goals/objectives of research projects as well as research methods and other test parameters.
- Collate, review and analyze data during the course of research projects.
- Supervise research projects from the early planning stages to project completion.
- Communicate with team members and verify that all projects and tasks are on schedule and in accordance with specified timelines.
- Write a monthly report of activities.
- Act as the primary contact for research team for any questions and concerns.
- Attend meetings to share new ideas and discuss issues.
- Assist in the maintenance of research database and company website.
- Coordinate with management in budget preparation and expense control activities.
- Review financial reports, perform invoice processing and approve expenditures.
- Analyze and resolve research issues in a timely and accurate manner.
- Develop research work plans according to project needs.
- Identify potential grantees and build strong relationships with them.
- Develop grant proposals and assist in grant completion and submission processes.
- Perform day-to-day supervision of research staff for assigned projects.
Qualifications and Experience
– A Master’s degree (MSc) in Genetics and Cell Biology or other related disciplines
– A minimum of 2 years experience working in a research role or in a relevant field.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Project Management
- Budget management
- Team Coordination/Management
- Data management
- IT skills (Software management/engineering skills is an added advantage)
- Proposal and grant writing
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft word, PowerPoint and advanced Excel for data analysis
- Use effectively SPSS, Epi-info and other related data management tools.
- Use of SQL query is an added advantage.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision and guidance.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Send an email to: email@example.com
Subject of the email: RESEARCH PROGRAMME OFFICER